Pages

Monday, April 21, 2014

ladurée


I think macaroons are having a moment because not only are they sweet and delicious, but they are extremely photogenic. The pops of color each flavor has is fun to look at and equally mouth watering. On a beautiful spring day I made my way to Laudree on Madison Avenue for the first time. The small store is beautifully decorated with macaroon displays, candles and pretty mint green painted walls. The two women working were efficient yet unsmiling, a theme of the luxe neighborhood full of high end retail stores.  I stood in line contemplating which flavors I was going to try. I ended up with raspberry, salted caramel, and vanilla and each was equally delicious. I savored every bite! If you are in New York I recommend stopping by this adorable shop and seeing what all the hype is about for yourself.


No comments:

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign