Pages

Thursday, February 20, 2014

my purse essentials- beauty bag


In my last post I mentioned my hand cream of choice for keeping in my purse, and this made me think of my other beauty essentials for my handbag. Within my black hole of a bag, I keep a little zip up pouch that I use exclusively for my small personal care picks for when I am out and about. The pouch itself is one I picked up at Target, and what I like about it is the material is easy to clean so if something marks or spills, I can easily rub it off. I also like that it's simple and black on the outside, but the inside is a bright green color, making it easier to see whats inside.

Onto the contents. This can change depending on what I'll need for the day, but for the most part this is what's usually inside…

Lip balm // I use lip balms so frequently that they are mostly floating around aimlessly in my purse and not in my designated "beauty bag," but it still counts. It changes all the time but currently I have Jack Black for no fuss hydration, Maybelline baby lips in cherry me for a bit of color, and Neautrogena moisture shine gloss when I want something well, more glossy.
Concealer // Very important! I love this compact concealer from Tarte to use for keeping my dark under-eye circles, redness around my nose, and various spots under control. 
Eyeliner // This is only used when I am going somewhere at night and I don't have time to stop by my apartment. I feel more confident having a bit more eye definition when I want to amp up my look for whatever reason. The one I carry with me is Revlon ColorStay.
Blush (Not Pictured) I ran out of a mini cheek stain I used to add some color to my face and haven't found a good replacement yet. I do have my eye on the Josie Maran cheek gelee though...
Fragrance // I love rollerballs as they are so handy to carry around and a good alternative to buying the actually bottle. Currently I have Taylor Swift's Wonderstruck because the sweet, fruity scent seems to perk me up and make me feel girly.
Nail file // This is one of those things that I hardly ever use but when I do need it, I'm thankful that I have it. This one I got in a birchbox and the heart shape is obvs aborbs.

Non-beauty…

Floss // I don't remember where I got this mini floss but that is besides the point. The point is, hygiene is important and it's always good to be prepared.
Pain reliever // When a bad headache comes along I am always so glad I have these.
Tide to go // No one wants to walk around with giant stain on your shirt all day.

Bonus...

I wouldn't say these are necessarily an essential, but I like having them around. All are samples from my Birchbox subscription: Whish deodorant swipes for desperate times, Melvita rose water spray to refresh my skin, and a mini Mary-Lou Manizer by theBalm to use either as a cheek or inner eye highlight, or as eyeshadow.

Do you have a beauty bag in your everyday handbag?

No comments:

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign