Pages

Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 favorites








I thought it would be fun to compile a collage of a few (materialistic) things I enjoyed in the year 2013. It's a small selection I plucked out from a variety of categories. Starting clockwise, my favorite movie I saw that came out this year was Enough Said. It's written and directed by Nicole Holofcener, and every movie I've seen by her I've loved. This is movie is touching, funny, real, and well acted.

My favorite album was by Lorde's Pure Heroine. Ever since I heard "Royals" I've been addicted to her music. This New Zealand teenager just came out of nowhere and I am glad she did!

As far as makeup and beauty products, this is just a small ensemble of products that I used religiously. Bioderma is an unfortunate addiction because I have to order it online, but it's my favorite way to remove makeup. Regarding haircare, Bumble and bumble thickening dryspun spray was often applied to give my hair some airy-texture. And last but not least, my favorite blush this year was the Tarte amazonian clay blush in Exposed. Such a great everyday color that goes on beautifully.

My most worn clothing item (I am going to say that shoes count as clothing) was my Sam Edelman Petty boots. Comfortable, cute, goes with everything, these boots are amazing. I also have them in black leather that I now wear pretty much everyday.

The last of my 2013 list is Donna Tartt's novel The Goldfinch. I've already mentioned this book on my blog, but it was my most enjoyable read this year. Not only did I love it, but it got me out of my reading slump. Hopefully I'll read more books in 2014.

No comments:

Blog design by KotrynaBassDesign